Co-created with Charlene Salter, Shaun Dunne, and Marmelo
Charlene has done something terrible.
Lots of people saw her, and they’re not happy.
Using new mobile app technology, Access All Areas will take you on a GPS-guided walk through the streets of Bristol to discover what happened to Charlene.
What would you do if you thought you saw a crime? Would you get involved? Would you tell the police? Would you walk away? What if your phone could tell you exactly how to handle it?
Commissioned by The Lowry and touring nationally through local streets, this new interactive audio production explores the ableism of language, sensory overload and the feeling of being judged as a learning disabled person.
Bring your wits, and get a taste of how it feels to be Charlene on the streets.
About the experience
- The Interrogation takes place through an app and by walking around outdoors. You will be given a handset and headphones to access and follow the experience – you will not need to use your own phone.
- The experience is self-led. There are no stewards. You’ll need to follow a simple map and directions.
- The route is 2km, is wheelchair accessible and includes places to sit if needed.
- The app can also be used without following the full route if preferred.
- RUNNING TIME1hr 15mins
- TICKETSStandard £10 / Learning disabled groups £5
AGE RECOMMENDATION 12+ (contains strong language and references to racism, ableism and anti-homelessness)
6.30pm & 7pm / Matinees Wed, Sat & Sun 2.30pm
The Interrogation is a self guided walk that takes place in the streets around Tobacco Factory Theatres. The starting point is St Francis Community Centre, St Francis Road, Bristol BS3 1JP, on the corner of Durnford Avenue and St Francis Road. This is a 2-3 minute walk from Tobacco Factory Theatres.
LEARNING DISABLED GROUPS
There is a £5 ticket price for learning disabled groups. If you would like to make a group booking, please email our Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org