REGULAR ACTING CLASSES FOR OUR COMMUNITY
Acting Lab is a weekly acting course for adults.
During the course you will develop performance skills, explore scripts by celebrated playwrights and discover the approaches of renowned theatre practitioners.
Acting Lab is a fun, engaging and safe place to develop your confidence, challenge and extend your performance skills, learn with others and become part of a community of like minded acting labbers!
- Learn a new vocabulary for acting and drama.
- Develop key skills in listening, connecting, improvising and using your body and voice expressively.
- Experience being part of an ensemble; developing your theatrical sensitivity and collaboration skills.
- Sharpen your ability to analyse plays, understanding what makes drama dramatic, and gain a new insight into the processes of acting and performance which will enhance and illuminate the ways in which you watch theatre.
Each term explores the various skills, approaches and techniques associated with each genre and then introduces a play(s) to explore, practice and consolidate skills throughout the term. Plays are announced before the start of each term to allow participants time and space to get to know the play and enrich their learning.
Informal performances are often organised at the end of term as a chance for both AL groups to come together, share work and celebrate!
Acting Lab is open to people who are:
- Aged 19 or older
- Passionate about acting and theatre
- Not a professional performer or currently in training
- RUNNING TIME90 mins
- AGE RECOMMENDATION19+
- TICKETSPWYC - £96 or £144 for the full term. Bursary places available.
The spring term of Acting Lab will run from Wed 19 April – Wed 12 July 2023 (no class on Wed 31 May).
Classes take place at Tobacco Factory Theatres every Wednesday from 6pm – 7.30pm.
IMPORTANT – due to popularity, we have two Acting Lab groups (one starting at 6pm and the other at 8pm). Please ensure you book for the group that matches your time preference.
Pay What You Choose (PWYC)
By joining, you sign up for the whole term and can choose to pay £8 or £12 per session, which works out as £96 or £144 for the full term.
The true cost of running the summer school is £12 per person, but we have a subsidised option at £8 per person intended for those from low income households. We also have bursary places available for people facing financial difficulty. It is important to us that anyone who wants to take part can do so. If you would like to apply for a bursary place, please give our Box Office a call on 0117 902 0344, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up and pay for the full term up front, click the ‘Buy Tickets’ button above.
PLEASE NOTE when booking you will only see the first date of the sessions. By booking you are committing to all sessions as per the dates above. We are unable to offer refunds for places unless we have a waiting list for that particular class and are able to resell the place.
Priority on sale 12.30pm Wed 15 March
General on sale 12.30pm Mon 20 March