A show about how not to blow up the planet.
We don’t really talk about nuclear weapons much.
Even though they accompany us everywhere.
Invisible guests in cafés, on the shelves of supermarkets, in line at the cash machine.
Guests that could destroy all of that and more in a second.
A Family Business is about diplomats, activists, and a journey to change the world. If these weapons could wipe out all our tomorrows, then why aren’t we all talking about them today?
Written and performed by Chris Thorpe
Directed by Claire O’Reilly
Developed with Rachel Chavkin and Lekan Lawal
In partnership with Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg. Supported by Warwick Arts Centre and using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
- Writer & Performer | Chris Thorpe
- Director | Claire O’Reilly
- Assistant Director on Production| Tim Schmultzer
- Dramaturg | Rachel Chavkin & Jörg Vorhaben
- Casting Director | Christopher Worrall
- Designer & Costume Designer | Eleanor Field
- Sound Designer | Anna Clock
- Lighting and A/V Designer | Arnim Friess
- Production Manager | Rob Athorn
- Performer (James) | Greg Barnett
- Performer (Layla) | Efé Agwale
- Performer (Veronique) | Andrea Quirbach
- RUNNING TIME90 mins (no interval)
- AGE RECOMMENDATION14+
- TICKETS£16 / £14
- VENUEFactory Theatre
Content warning: contains strong language, flashing lights and haze, and themes of nuclear warfare.
Members on sale 12:30pm on Tue 21 Nov
General on sale 12:30pm on Thu 23 Nov