Story Slam is back in a real life space hosting in-person shows in a socially-distanced Wardrobe Theatre. We’re so excited to see your lovely (masked) faces again!
Come hear people’s incredible true stories told live. Story Slam is a live true storytelling show hosting true stories told by members of the audience. Submit your name on the day for a chance to tell a true story live on stage, or just come along and listen to everyone else’s.
Story Slam regularly appears on BBC Radio Bristol, recently featured in the Guardian’s Alternative Guide To Bristol and is one of the top 5 Bristol favourites of Game of Thrones Actress Maisie Williams!
– All audiences will enter and exit the theatre through the fire exit car park (click here for directions), even if you are having food or drinks in The Old Market Assembly. Doors will be open from 1pm.
– To prevent the spread of coronavirus these performances will have: a socially-distanced limited audience; masks must be worn by all audience members (as much as possible); hand sanitiser will be provided; increased ventilation; and there will be enhanced cleaning in the theatre.
– Full refunds will be offered if performances are cancelled for any reason.
On stage stories must follow a few simple rules. The rules are not meant to be restrictive, but are to ensure consistency and give as many people as possible the chance to share stories.
• They have to be true
• They must be told in 5 minutes
• They must be *stories*. No rants, stand-up routines or monologues. A story has a beginning, middle and end with some change and/or conflict having occurred
• They need to be first person. You should be a major character in the story
• Told without notes or props
In the interest of making the story slam a safer and more comfortable place, storytellers are able to submit content warnings for their stories to warn of any sensitive topics. Details of how to do this will be explained on the day. Content warnings are then read out before each story to give people a chance to leave the room.
We work hard at Story Slam to try and create a place where people feel safe and comfortable to share stories. We’re continually trying to make our events better places to be and our aim is to hear stories that we don’t get to hear anywhere else. We want to make Story Slam better than the world around it. So to help us achieve this, we have our own safer spaces policy. http://www.storyslam.co.uk/safer-spaces/
We want our events to be as accessible as possible. The venue has full step free access to the theatre and the stage. If you have any specialised requirements to attend that we can help with then please get it touch, and if there’s anything else we can do to make the event more accessible to you, let us know and we’ll do our best!
Story Slam has no age limit, however the live and spontaneous nature of the show means that profanity and adult themes are to be expected. Children are welcome if accompanied by an adult, but parental discretion is advised.
- RUNNING TIME2hrs 30mins (inc interval)
- TICKETS£8 (£5 conc.) | Tickets only available in bubbles of 2
- VENUEThe Wardrobe Theatre