The live theatre debut of this unique two-woman retelling of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s masterpiece, a co-production from The Wardrobe Ensemble (Education, Education, Education) and The Wardrobe Theatre (Drac & Jill)
“I’m going to fix everything just the way it was before,” he said, nodding determinedly.
Invited to an extravagant party in a Long Island mansion, young bachelor Nick Carraway is intrigued by the flamboyant host, Jay Gatsby; a self-made, self-invented millionaire with a mysterious past. As the two strike up an unlikely friendship, a cocktail soaked story of memory, money and lost love unfolds.
Founded in Bristol in 2011, this year marks a decade for both The Wardrobe Ensemble and The Wardrobe Theatre, an anniversary we’re celebrating with this exciting new collaboration. The Great Gatsby is a witty, creative new co-production from the people who brought you Education, Education, Education, The Last Of The Pelican Daughters, 1972: The Future of Sex, (The Wardrobe Ensemble) and Drac & Jill, Oedipuss In Boots, Rocky Shock Horror (The Wardrobe Theatre).
Click here to watch a Zoom Q&A with the cast and creative team of The Great Gatsby
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (may change after 21st June):
– All audiences will enter and exit the theatre through the fire exit car park (click here for directions), even if you are having food or drinks in The Old Market Assembly. Doors will be open from 6.30pm.
– The Old Market Assembly will not be open on Wednesdays.
– To prevent the spread of coronavirus these performances will have: a socially-distanced limited audience; masks must be worn by all audience members (as much as possible); hand sanitiser will be provided; increased ventilation; and there will be enhanced cleaning in the theatre.
– All performers will produce a negative lateral flow test on the day of the show.
– Full refunds will be offered if performances are cancelled for any reason.
A Wardrobe Ensemble and Wardrobe Theatre co-production
Adapted by the company from the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Director – Tom Brennan
Cast – Tamsin Hurtado Clarke, Jesse Meadows
Designer – Katie Sykes
Composer & Sound Design – Tom Crosley-Thorne
Lighting Design – Chris Collier
Movement Director – Deepraj Singh
Dramaturg – James Newton
Outside Eye – Helena Middleton
Stage Manager – Dean Sudron
Voice Coach – Kat Hicks
Assistant Director – Frazer Meakin
Assistant Stage Manager – Caitlin Ravenscroft
Photography, Filming & Editing – Jack Offord
Camera Operators – Matthew Joiner & Michael Sides
Wardrobe Ensemble Producer – Hannah Smith
Wardrobe Theatre Producers – Matthew Whittle & Bébhinn Cronin
Special Thanks To – Matt Graham & Tobacco Factory Theatres, Bristol Old Vic, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Ben Atterbury, Caitlin Campbell, Becks Daley, Jack Drewry, Craig Edwards, Jesse Jones, Jason King, Alice Lamb, James Molyneux
The Great Gatsby was created with support from Arts Council England
The Wardrobe Theatre: 8 September – 2 October 2021
- RUNNING TIME1hr 30mins
- AGE RECOMMENDATION12+
- TICKETS£15 (£12 conc.) | Tickets only available in bubbles of 2
- VENUEThe Wardrobe Theatre
Time: 7.30pm (plus 2pm matinees every Saturday)