Riddlestick Theatre (The Cabinet of Madame Fanny Du Thé, Undercover Christmas Club) chart the curious metamorphoses of Shakespeare’s fools through wild physical comedy, whimsical wordplay and enchanting songs – showing as part of Bristol Shakespeare Festival 2021
‘A fool, a fool! I met a fool i’ the forest’
After discovering Touchstone the jester deep in the Forest of Arden, Jaques decides he’d like to be a fool too. The trouble is, he doesn’t quite know how.
Through wild physical comedy, whimsical wordplay and enchanting songs, Riddlestick chart the metamorphoses of Shakespeare’s fools from the tumbling court jester to the cynical observer of society’s ills. Tonight, the outsider takes centre stage. Whether you’re a Yorick or a Feste, this is a party for all fellows of infinite jest.
Riddlestick Theatre are dedicated to tickling fancies with weird and wonderful stories and enchanting live music. They are returning to The Wardrobe Theatre after a sell-out run of The Cabinet of Madame Fanny Du Thé (listed in The Guardian’s Best Shows at the Edinburgh Festival 2018) and their late-night Christmas show, Undercover Christmas Club.
– All audiences will enter and exit the theatre through the fire exit car park (click here for directions), even if you are having food or drinks in The Old Market Assembly. Doors will be open from 7pm.
– To prevent the spread of coronavirus these performances will have: a socially-distanced limited audience; masks must be worn by all audience members (as much as possible); hand sanitiser will be provided; increased ventilation; and there will be enhanced cleaning in the theatre.
– All performers will produce a negative lateral flow test on the day of the show.
– Full refunds will be offered if performances are cancelled for any reason.
- RUNNING TIME1hr
- TICKETS£10 | Tickets only available in bubbles of 2
- VENUEThe Wardrobe Theatre