The Technical Manager is a senior position in our Operations Team, working closely with the Head of Operations and playing a crucial role in the day to day running of our busy venue.
You will be responsible for:
– the technical management of the Factory and Spielman Theatres
– the maintenance of their facilities and technical equipment
– safe working conditions and practices across our spaces,
– correspondence with all visiting companies and in-house production creative teams
– supporting the development of any off-site or touring work that we present
This is a part time position (32 hours per week), working a set amount of office hours and duty tech shifts, and managing these hours depending on workload and other duties. You will line manage the Theatre Technician and a pool of technical casual staff, covering technical shifts as required.
You will support our staff team to assess the requirements of the artistic, engagement and events programmes, and you will contribute to the planning and delivery of our in-house productions.
Please download the Recruitment Pack and Equal Opportunities form from the yellow box.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
The unforgettable experiences we offer are built on the values of curiosity, kindness, collaboration and inclusion. We want everyone who attends Tobacco Factory Theatres to feel equally welcome, respected and valued.
To achieve this, we are working to ensure that our programme and spaces are accessible and relevant to all. We are thus committed to embodying and championing diversity and inclusion across our audiences, beneficiaries, staff and board.
We strongly welcome applications from people whose identities or backgrounds are under-represented in the arts industry. If this applies to you, please refer to this in your application and we will guarantee an interview if you meet the criteria listed in ‘Person Specification’.
To apply for this position please email: email@example.com with the subject ‘Technical Manager’ and include all of the following:
• Your CV
• A cover letter (max 2 sides of A4), or a short video or audio file, detailing relevant experience and why you want this role
• A completed Equalities Monitoring form
Deadline: 10am on Thursday 1 September 2022. Applications received after this time cannot be considered
Interviews: Week commencing 12 September 2022
Start date: ASAP following offer